Do you want to use dark mode on your Windows 11 PC? And do you think that the dark mode is a lot cooler than the light mode? I must say, yes. As obvious it is, Dark Mode is available in Windows 11 as well. In this post, you will learn how to enable and disable Dark Mode on Windows 11 PC and laptop via Settings. But first, let’s know why you should use the dark mode.
Table of Contents
Why to Use Dark Mode?
The dark mode is the display setting of the user interface (such as a smartphone or laptop). This means that instead of displaying the default dark text (also known as “light mode”) on a light screen, light text (white or gray) is displayed on a dark or black screen. However, the default setting for most phones and applications is light mode.
For some users, the dark mode screen is more visually attractive and can reduce power consumption. On the 2016 Google Pixel equipped with an OLED screen, displaying white at maximum brightness consumes approximately 6 times more power than pure black. In addition, you cannot see the dirt on the surface of the screen.
At the same time, a large number of people have switched to dark mode on their devices. Some say it is better aesthetically, and some say it is more comfortable to the eyes. Like the other operating systems, Windows first introduced the dark mode feature in Windows 10. And now that you have Windows 11 on your hand, you can also use dark mode on your PC easily just going through settings which you will learn below.
Steps to Enable and Disable Dark Mode on Windows 11 via Settings
Sometimes the dark mode may seem a better option for you and maybe some other times it becomes annoying. People change, and their tastes change with them. Below, you will find the steps to turn on and turn off dark mode on your Windows 11 computer.
Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11
You can easily turn on Dark Mode via the Settings app with a few simple clicks.
- To turn on dark mode, tap on the Start button, click on the Settings icon or search for “Settings” and open them.
- Next, open the “Personalization” page on the Settings app’s home screen.
- Now, tap on Colors from the left sidebar.
- On the Colors page, a drop-down menu with the label “Choose your color” will be shown.
- Finally, tap on “Dark” in the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can select the “Custom” option. This option gives you the option to turn on dark mode specifically for Windows items or applications.
Disable Dark Mode on Windows 11
- To turn off dark mode, also tap on the Start button, and open the Settings window.
- Next, open the “Personalization” page from the settings page.
- Then tap on Colors from the left sidebar.
- On the Colors page, you will see a drop-down menu with the label “Choose your color.”
- Now, choose “light” from the drop-down menu. By choosing that, you simply can turn on light mode.
Extra tip: With your favorite color mode on, you can also choose an accent color to match the theme: for that click on color>accent color. Now, you can choose from predefined Windows colors or tap on Custom color to pick one from the RGB Picker.
Voila, that’s how you can enable and disable dark mode on Windows 11 by using the settings. Now that you’ve successfully enabled Dark Mode and choose an accent color on your Windows 11 computer! What do you prefer, Light Mode or Dark Mode? Let us know in the comments below. Good luck!