Suppose you receive a spam message or call from someone’s TextNow number, and you want to know the identity of the person using it. How will you track and reveal the owner of the TextNow number?
According to TextNow support, the owner of a TextNow number cannot be tracked because TextNow does not disclose information about the identity of the person using the particular number.
But don’t worry anymore, in this article, I’ll show you three ways that you can use to trace and find out who owns a TextNow number.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Also read: How to Find an old Childhood Friend Using CocoFinder
Table of Contents
What is TextNow?
TextNow first appeared on the market as a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service, which allows you to make calls and send text messages over WiFi by providing a free phone number. Now, we have an application that can perform the same operations, but its services are expanding. We also have WhatsApp, Telegram, and many other messaging apps that enable us to make calls and send text messages via WiFi. The difference between TextNow and other messaging applications is that it provides end-to-end telephony services embedded in the application. It is similar to your network service provider, which provides you with a SIM card to use network data services to make calls, send text messages, and connect to the Internet.
With TextNow’s free mobile apps, you can use their phone service on any of your devices (Android, iOS, and Windows). On the other hand, you can always use a web browser to access TextNow with a real phone number and stay in touch that way. After signing up, you will need to enter the area code for your location, and based on that, TextNow provides a number. Then, you can use this number for a phone call or text message.
How to track and find out who owns a TextNow number
If you plan to contact the TextNow support team, that won’t help you much. You can try searching the profile you want to follow in case the user entered the correct details, you should be able to track and find them.
So how do you plan to find the person? Practically speaking there is no way to know who uses a TextNow number. But, certainly, some tricks can help you know who uses a TextNow number and which might even work for you. Read about them below:
1. Reveal the TextNow number owner with Anonymous TextNow Number Lookup
- To find out who owns a TextNow number, first, open the Anonymous TextNow Number Lookup site.
- Now, enter the TextNow number that you want to reveal the identity of into the TextNow number lookup tool.
- Wait for the TextNow Number Lookup report. The process may take 3-5 minutes for the TextNow number search tool to get all the details connected to the TextNow number.
- Once the TextNow reverse lookup tool has finished retrieving all the information, you will be redirected to a page where you will find all the details about the TextNow number you searched for.
2. Know the owner of a TextNow number by creating another account
Once you use a compelling story to attract other people or build a rapport with that person, chances are you will be able to find out who owns a TextNow number.
You can create a new TextNow account, get a new number, and then send a text message to that person. You will need to form a fascinating or relevant story to attract others.
3. Trace who owns TextNow by observing their TextNow number
A TextNow number can be observed in the following ways.
- If the user has entered the correct email address, you will be able to get some ideas of who the person is.
- The first and last names will also show the account details. So if this is correct, you can get the person’s name.
- Open your phone call history and see if the number is there in the records. You could then try to figure it out by memory.
- You can also go through the text history records to see if you have exchanged messages with that number before.
- You can use the device’s IP address information to track users, but you cannot access any IP-related information.
TextNow Frequently Asked Questions
So these were the three ways you can use to trace and find out who owns a TextNow number. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.